Terms and Conditions
For the avoidance of doubt, Value Cabs Limited has always operated, and continues to operate, as a taxi management service business and acts as a disclosed agent on behalf of taxi drivers who use its services but are independent contractors.
- “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Value Cabs Limited
- “you “, “your ” and “user” refers to the person booking a journey via the site or software
- “driver” refers to the driver that accepts your journey
Limitations on Use of Software
All software, information and data provided by us and used by you to make a booking remains at all times the property of Value Cabs Limited and is considered confidential information. You warrant that no copyrighted details of the App will be used other than for the purpose it is intended to be used for and will not be copied or passed on to third parties at any time. We do not warrant that your use of the App will be uninterrupted or error-free or that the software and/or the information obtained from the App will be accurate or meet your requirements.
You guarantee that you have authority to enter into this agreement and to use the App in accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement. You agree to be financially responsible for your use of the App as well as for the use of your name and payment method to pay for services and products purchased using the App by members of your household, including minors living with you, or your place of work if you have administrative roles with your employer for which you create bookings for other people such as colleagues. You also warrant that all information supplied by you or members of your company, organisation or household in using our App is true and accurate. You agree to indemnify us for any breaches of the foregoing warranties.
Terms of Service
These terms and conditions apply to the booking service provided by us.
Please note that in using the App:
- you must register with us in order to avail of our services;.
- you are responsible for your own login credentials for the App and we will not be liable for any unauthorized bookings made on your account;
- you promise that all information provided by you is true, accurate and up to date at all times;
- you promise that any payment details provided to us are true, accurate and that you have authority to use these details to pay for the services;
- you agree to pay us in full at the end of the journey;
- you are responsible for any bookings made with your account and we will not be liable for any costs or payments owed by you due to bookings made on your account;
- you will only use the App to make a booking you wish to fulfill, if we deem that you are misusing the App we reserve the right to disable your account without prior notice;
- you will not use the App for any unlawful purpose including (but not limited to) knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans and logic bombs or attempting to gain unauthorised access to the App or our other systems including servers and databases.
- we can amend these terms and conditions to reflect any changes to the services that we provide over time. We will inform you when these changes occur.
- we offer the facility to rate your journey upon completion. This is to provide an opportunity for you to evaluate the quality of service being provided so that we can keep providing an excellent service. All ratings that we see to be obscene, threatening, abusive or in any way malicious will be deleted and we will suspend the associated user account.
On request, we can provide a quoted amount of the total cost of the booking on the App. These quotes will either be shown as estimated or fixed fares.
The price given in the quotes are based on our current pricing systems and will only be accurate at the time of obtaining them.
We cannot guarantee that the same price will be available for the same journey at another time.
Estimated fares are provided based on the total mileage of the journey. This may vary dependent on numerous factors such as:
- if waiting time is applicable to the journey;
- if you make changes to the quoted journey once inside the vehicle, for example if you add a stop or change the destination; or
- if the journey deviates from the system’s suggested route, examples of this occurring would be due to external factors such as road works or your driver may suggest an alternative route due to congestion.
- Fare Surcharge – please note that an additional fare surcharge is chargeable if a journey starts and finishes outside the 8 mile radius of Belfast city centre and does not pass through the 8 mile radius during the journey. The surcharge is calculated by adding a mileage charge from the closest point of the 8 mile radius to the nearest point of the journey. Should you wish to confirm any surcharge please contact our booking centre on 028 9080 9080.
Fixed fares are sometimes generated by the App, your driver has the ability to add extra charges that are applicable in a number of circumstances including but not limited to:
- if you make changes to the quoted journey once inside the vehicle, for example if you add a stop or change the destination;
- if there are fees such as toll charges or car parking fees; or
- if the vehicle needs cleaning after your journey.
A Request for a booking constitutes an offer by you to avail of and purchase the services of Value Cabs Limited in accordance with these terms. This booking request will set out the main characteristics of the requested journey including pick up and drop off points. Your offer shall only be accepted when we issue a written confirmation of the relevant Value Cabs Service text message, email or push notification from our mobile application, at which point and on which date and time a contract to which the booking relates shall come into existence between you and Value Cabs Limited (‘Contract’).
There is no obligation on us to accept a booking and it may be declined for any reason. If a driver becomes unavailable after we have provided you with the written confirmation of the Contract, we will endeavour to find you another driver for your booking. Where an alternative driver cannot be found, we reserve the right to terminate the Contract without compensation to you.
For all cash bookings you agree to pay the driver the final amount based on our current pricing scheme at the time of the completed journey unless the booking is cancelled before you enter the taxi vehicle to begin the journey.
As we only take payment after completion of a journey, we cannot offer any refunds since the service will have already been provided. If you have any complaints regarding the service, please call us on our telephone number as showing in the app and on our webpage.
Any quoted pick up or journey times are best estimates only and whilst we use all reasonable efforts to transfer passenger(s) to their destinations in the shortest possible time we shall have no liability if a pick-up or journey time exceeds any estimate given or otherwise exceeds your expectations for whatever reason nor shall we have any other liability to you in connection with the time at which you reach or fail to reach the destination.
We shall have no liability for any damage, loss, costs claims or expenses (whether foreseeable or not) incurred or suffered by you (other than in the event of death or personal injury) by virtue of eventualities or occurrences acts or omissions including on the part of the driver outside of our reasonable control. It shall be for you to ensure that valuable, unusual or any other items are covered by appropriate insurance. We will not be liable for any claim for loss of or damage to any such items.
We shall not be liable for any loss of any kind arising from any late or non-performance. For the avoidance of doubt we shall accept no liability of any kind arising from missed travel connections, business appointments or missed schedules of any kind.
If we have to cancel a booking, we shall have no liability to you if we have used reasonable endeavours to fulfil the booking and to notify you of the cancellation. Any claim or complaint shall be notified to us within 30 days of the date of the invoice containing the relevant booking.
All communications with us will be done electronically whenever you use software provided by us or send emails to us. You agree to receive communications from us via email or through a notification in our software. All communications from us will be regarding your journeys or promotions that relate to our service.
If any term of this agreement is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the terms and conditions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable term of this agreement would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the term will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intention of the agreement, in which case the entirety of the relevant term will be deemed to be deleted).
This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and the courts of Northern Ireland will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in connection with it.